While many people are turning to hard floors for a variety of reasons, there are still 7 excellent reasons to choose carpeting for your home.
- Carpet is beautiful - Carpet offers limitless varieties of textures, colors, patterns and styles; there is a carpet available to suit almost any taste.
- Carpet is a good value - The average cost of synthetic residential carpet with pad and professional installation isaround $2.50 to $5.00 per square foot.
- Carpet is warm - Carpet insulates, typically resulting in 10% or more of energy savings. Not only that, but carpet makes a room feel warmer too.
- Carpet is quieter - Carpet absorbs sound, making a house quieter and more relaxing. If you have ever heard a 75 pound Golden Retriever running on a wood floor, you understand this benefit.
- Carpet is safer - Carpet reduces the occurrence of slips and falls and the severity of injuries from these accidents. This is especially important in a home occupied by the elderly and small children.
- Carpet is healthier - According to the EPA, carpet traps pollutants instead of allowing them to be distributed in the air. The result? Homes and buildings with properly maintained carpets generally have better air quality than those with hard flooring.
- Carpet is easier - Interim care of carpet is accomplished simply by vacuuming. Depending on the number of people and pets, this may be done in as little as 3 or 4 hours a month in the typical household. Aside from prompt attention to spills, this is usually all that is needed between professional cleanings.