Rotation – To ensure even wear, your rug should be rotated once a year. Depending on the traffic, the rotation may vary from six months to two years.
Vacuuming – Oriental rugs, like most carpeting, should be vacuumed on a regular basis to remove dirt and restore life to the fibers. Be sure not to vacuum the fringe with your beater bar! Use the end of a vacuum hose from a canister vacuum.
Padding – A quality pad used under your rug helps protect it from dirt, wear, and slippage.
Spot and Spill Procedures – Make sure that you safely and immediately clean up spots and spills before they set.
- First, soak up the excess liquid by blotting with a clean absorbent material. Do not brush or rub the stain.
- Then spot-clean with a mild detergent-white vinegar-water solution. Do not over wet.
- Rinse area thoroughly with water and a small amount of vinegar. Avoid wetting the rug’s backing.
- Blot dry until most of the moisture has been absorbed.
- Allow to air dry. A fan or cool hair dryer can be used to hasten the drying process.
- For stains that do not come out using these methods, ask our cleaning specialists