If you have carpet then you would definitely need to have a well maintained vacuum cleaner.
Basically, each vacuum has one main purpose - to clean - and thus the importance of this article and cleaning your vacuum. Keeping your vacuum clean will give you a cleaner, longer lasting carpet.
Here are a few ways to help keep your vacuum clean:
- Keep your Brush Roll Clean. Your brush roll is the first portion of the vacuum that dirt has contact with. Needless to say, this should be clean all the time. Before starting to vacuum, take a look at your brush rolls. Take away particles that may be stuck to it like lint, pet and human hair, small pieces of paper, candy wrappers - take them out and free the brush roll from anything that might block dirt from being picked up by it.
- Brush Roll and Oil. Once in a while it is advisable for you to lubricate your brush rolls. Lubricating the brushes will allow for it to roll more effectively. The procedure to remove the brushes from where they are attached may be found in the vacuum's manual. If you have lost the manual, you may try calling the manufacturer or checking their website. Olive oil is a good lubricant.
- Check Vacuum Hose. You'll probably notice your vacuum getting less sucking power. Check one of the most obvious reasons before bringing it to a repair shop. Chances are, your vacuum hose has a clog or an obstruction and won't properly clean your carpet.
- Check Vacuum Bags. Before starting to vacuum, always check the vacuum bags first. Again the manufacturer's manual will tell you when you should replace your bags. Most of the time though, it is best for you to empty them when they are just half-full. You may be able to reuse them for about 3 to 4 times though before replacing.
- Check Vacuum Belt. Every few months, check the belt on your vacuum. Check for spots, cracks, and tears. Belts wear out after a few months (depending on usage) and would need to be replaced. Sometimes belts may also become lose and need to be refitted into the vacuum. Remember that the vacuum's efficiency to suck dirt and particles would also be because of the vacuum's belt.
- Check Vacuum Filters. Filters usually become too clogged and in effect affect the engine's efficiency. Therefore, always make it a habit to check and clean the filters before vacuuming. Make sure your filters are free from items that might hinder it from doing its job. Remember that in order to successfully clean your carpet, your vacuum needs to be clean and working properly. Regularly checking your vacuum and its parts will not only ensure its efficiency but will also help it last even longer.
Get an estimate now by clicking here or call us at 352.669.1540